Welcome to Ray of Hope

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Ron_Armstrong

Questions about closed testing details

In this topic, you can ask your question about the details of closed testing

Where are the servers locations, To know about if they are going to be latency problems?

Are there going to be set times to work on finding bugs and problems or will we have the freedom to chose when we want to do so?

1 час назад, Renegadist сказал:

Are there going to be set times to work on finding bugs and problems or will we have the freedom to chose when we want to do so?

I don't think so. Close Beta Test - is for searching the bugs

1 hour ago, Ron_Armstrong said:

I don't think so. Close Beta Test - is for searching the bugs

I mean will you be giving us certain times to search for bugs or will you give us the freedom to do so at any time of the day?

2 минуты назад, Renegadist сказал:

I mean will you be giving us certain times to search for bugs or will you give us the freedom to do so at any time of the day?

24/7

Will the stress test last until 26 of August?

19 minutes ago, Scar said:

Will the stress test last until 26 of August?

Doesn't it start on the 26th of August itself?

How can we (non-rus players) join the closed beta? I don't see any link to the application in english. 

CB client will be available in eng ? 

7 минут назад, Suune сказал:

How can we (non-rus players) join the closed beta? I don't see any link to the application in english. 

CB client will be available in eng ? 

Applications are now closed

there will be LAN support right? that would be awesome because i really don't want to play online, i want to play with my friend

5 hours ago, Bilgun said:

there will be LAN support right? that would be awesome because i really don't want to play online, i want to play with my friend

Yes they are planning to add LAN, but it may not be right now with the closed/open beta.

When will the closed beta be notified of their participation status? On that note, has the closed beta started?

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 4:18 PM, iMorbit said:

When will the closed beta be notified of their participation status? On that note, has the closed beta started?

I was expecting someone to reply to you lol, but I guess not.

The closed beta has already started, but (according to forum admins) English players wouldn't help a lot since communication is mostly done in Russian.
So just wait for the open beta that will be around 26th of this month? Not sure.

Edited by Scar

1 hour ago, Scar said:

I was expecting someone to reply to you lol, but I guess not.

The closed beta has already started, but (according to forum admins) English players wouldn't help a lot since communication is mostly done in Russian.
So just wait for the open beta that will be around 26th of this month? Not sure.

Сlosed beta starts at August 26. Currently, the Administration selected 25-35 players from unknown number of applicants. They were interviewed and admitted for testing. As far as I know there are no non-russian language testers. Date of Public Beta Test is unknown yet. Stay tuned for updates, we will upload a lot of content during close beta test.

Administration please correct me if I'm wrong. / Администрацию прошу поправить меня если я ошибаюсь.

Edited by ibelodedov

I wonder when will be next Beta testing, cant wait to try that 3D directional voice chat and see how it performs along with new Nvidia PhysX.

2 минуты назад, Nailer сказал:

I wonder when will be next Beta testing, cant wait to try that 3D directional voice chat and see how it performs along with new Nvidia PhysX.

We don't know. We trying our best. Stay tuned

13 minutes ago, Ron_Armstrong said:

We don't know. We trying our best. Stay tuned

Of course, everything in their respectful time.

Will servers be divided by continent (NA, EU, etc.) Or will it be a sorta mixed bag?

12 часов назад, Moostic сказал:

Will servers be divided by continent (NA, EU, etc.) Or will it be a sorta mixed bag?

Divided

Hi Ron Armstrong,

Personally I think it would be better if the communities were mixed rather than separate. This way, it creates the potential gameplay mechanic of players being able to be an 'interpreter' by trade. It opens the opportunity for players being able to make use of this as a market.

I also recall that on an old game that I used to play a long time ago by Nival Interactive, called Evil-Islands: Curse of the Lost Soul (Also known as Cursed-Earth in Russia, or Allods 3: Retribution) the games' multiplayer community was divided into different master servers, each hosting for different regions of the world, and only players playing on the same master server could connect to each other. As a result, the games' multiplayer community was extremely thin, scarce of players and died brutally fast.

Edited by IceLizard
missed a word

Problem is simply latency.

If everyone from around the world would join on same server, differences in all that latency would make it stutter hell. Many players would not have fluid motion and you would see other players porting from spot to spot. Not to mention how hard would it be to aim at that target and how immersivnes would be bad.

There is around 150-200ms latency between US and EU, imagine other countries or continents.